The call for proposals for the scientific programme is now open!
We welcome your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions on what you would like to see or present at WCoP 2020. Some guidelines are provided below, but we encourage you to reach out if you have any other queries or suggestions. A stub of the program with dates and times is provided at the bottom of the page for your reference.
Proposals are invited for 90 minute sessions: the session may follow a “traditional” symposium structure with 3 to 4 talks, of which one may be chosen from submitted abstracts, but other session structure ideas are welcome. If you don’t wish to submit a full session, but have an interesting topic in mind for a single presentation, you may submit a single topic/presentation proposal.
Your session or presentation proposal should include:
- Tentative title of the session (not required for single presentation)
- Description of the session or presentation, including the motivation and structure (3-6 sentences)
- Suggested speaker(s) and title for their presentation(s)
Workshop or Short Course
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or short course before or after the main conference, please feel free to reach out with a proposal:
- Workshop title
- Contact information and affiliation of organising person/institution
- Description of the workshop and materials provided (3-6 sentences)
- Expected number of attendees
- Proposed timing (pre- or post-conference) and duration of workshop
- Additional requirements for the venue, AV/IT details
We welcome suggestions on keynote speakers. Please include their name, contact information, the topic of the presentation and your reason for the recommendation.
If you have in mind an interesting topic/talk, but you do not have enough material for an entire symposium, please feel free to submit it. We will review all submissions and suggest possible synergies and matches with other researchers with proposals on related topics. And if we don’t find a session for you, you can then submit it as a normal abstract.
Please email your proposals to email@example.com with the subject line: “Programming Submission for WCoP 2020” by July 31st, 2019.
We are looking forward to receiving your suggestions to deliver an informative and interesting program!